Eleanor Forte is an American English voicebank for the Synthesizer V software. She was initially released on August 18, 2018.
Despite being a virtual singer, Eleanor has an interest in antiques. She is described to be honest, endeavoring, and to have an unwavering sense of morality.
Her first name, "Eleanor", means "light", and was the name of many royals from the Medieval period. Her last name, "Forte", means "strength", and references the musical dynamic, "f" (forte), which is used to represent a degree of loudness in music.
The sealing wax and tied ribbon on the design are inspired by hand-written letters. The thread around her pinkie is inspired by the red thread of fate, which indicated that if two people are connected by a red thread, they are destined to meet each other. Her dress is inspired by dip pens.
In an interview with VNN (vocaloidnews.net), due to the fact that Eleanor's voice is more mature, despite having a larger head-to-body ratio, Kanru Hua said that he was afraid that her design wouldn't fit her voice. However, he modified the voice to fit the design more in early August and was relieved that, after the modification to her voice, the design and voice matched.
In November, a demo showcasing SynthV was uploaded to YouTube. One of the songs shown included ENG-F1 singing a Lana Del Rey song.
A demo created by kyaami was uploaded to YouTube and SoundCloud.
In January 8, 2019 a demo song called "Something New" was uploaded. It featured Eleanor as the main vocal and AiKO as backing vocals. The whole song was in English.
Nothing of note.
- Despite being descripted as being "American English", Eleanor shows hints of a British accent, such as pronouncing the intrusive r, which is a characteristic of GB English, and pronouncing "t" like "ch", which is a common way to pronounce "t" in British.
- It can sometimes feel like she is speaking the lyrics instead of singing. That can fixed by lowering her tension a bit.
- On December 28, 2018, a thread was made by Kanru Hua on the official Synthesizer V Forum for users to report pronunciation problems. All voicebanks were mentioned at least once.
|A preview of Eleanor is provided on the Synthesizer V website:|
- One of the first Synthesizer V voicebanks to be revealed.
- First Synthesizer V voicebank to be released overall.
- First English voicebank to be released.
- First female voicebank to be released.
- First 1st party voicebank to be released.
- First Synthesizer V voicebank to get an avatar.
- First Synthesizer V voicebank to get a name, other than her codename.
- ↑ In an interview with Vocaloid News.net Kanru said that a contract was signed with the VP to prevent disclosure of any personal information. Please read the interview for more information. https://www.vocaloidnews.net/vnn-interview-kanru-hua-synthesizer-v/
- ↑ In the Unveiling Synthesizer V, the New Virtual Singer Software video, Eleanor Forte (then ENG-F1) is described as "American English, Female"
- ↑ See reference 2
- ↑ The Rocean (Youtube)