Eleanor Forte is an American English voicebankfor the Synthesizer V software. She was initially released on August 18, 2018.
Despite being a virtual singer, Eleanor has an interest in antiques. She is described to be honest, endeavoring, and to have an unwavering sense of morality.
Her first name, "Eleanor", means light, and was the name of lot of royalties from the Medieval period. Her last name, "Forte", means strength, and references the musical dynamic, f (forte), which is used to represent a degree of loudness in music.
The sealing wax and tied ribbon on the design are inspired by hand-written letters. The thread around her pinky is inspired by the red thread of fate, that indicates that if two people are connected by a red thread they are destined to meet each other. Her dress is inspired by dip-pens.
In an interview with VNN (vocaloidnews.net), due to the fact that Eleanor's voice is more mature despite Eleanor having a larger head-to-body ratio, Kanru said that he was afraid that her design wouldn't fit her voice. However, Kanru modified the voice to fit the design more in early August and was relieved that, after the modification to her voice, the design and voice matched.
In November, a demo showcasing SynthV was uploaded to YouTube. One of the songs shown included ENG-F1 singing a Lana Del Rey song.
A demo created by kyaami was uploaded to YouTube and SoundCloud.
In January 8, 2019 a demo song called "Something New" was uploaded. It featured Eleanor Forte as the main vocal and AiKO as backing vocals. The whole song was in English.
Voicebank Information Edit
Voicebank Libraries Edit
Nothing of note.
- Despite being descripted as being "American English", Eleanor shows hints of a British accent. Such as pronouncing the intrusive r, which is a characteristic of GB English, and pronouncing "t" like "ch", which is a common way to pronounce "t" in British.
- It can sometimes feel like she is speaking the lyrics instead of singing. That can fixed by lowering her tension a bit.
- On December 28th, 2018, a thread was made by Kanru on the Official Synthesizer V Forum for user to report pronounciation problems. All voicebanks got mentioned at least once.
|A preview of Eleanor is provided on the Synthesizer V website:|
Additional Information Edit
- One of the first Synthesizer V voicebanks to be revealed.
- First Synthesizer V voicebank to be released overall.
- First English voicebank to be released.
- First female voicebank to be released.
- First 1st party voicebank to be released.
- First Synthesizer V voicebank to get an avatar.
- First Synthesizer V voicebank to get a name, other than her codename.
- ↑ In an interview with Vocaloid News.net Kanru said that a contract was signed with the VP to prevent disclosure of any personal information. Please read the interview for more information. https://www.vocaloidnews.net/vnn-interview-kanru-hua-synthesizer-v/
- ↑ In the Unveiling Synthesizer V, the New Virtual Singer Software video, Eleanor Forte (then ENG-F1) is described as "American English, Female"
- ↑ See reference 2
- ↑ The Rocean (Youtube)